The 11th November is a poignant day when the nation gathers and falls silent to remember the fallen men and women from conflicts past and present. Poppy wreaths are laid on cenotaphs and memorials all over the country and indeed the world.
As a tribute to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, a brand new Proof £5 Coin has been issued for 2017 in support of The Royal British Legion.
We Will Remember Them
This year’s design features the stylised poppy that’s synonymous with the Legion, as well as the poignant Ode of Remembrance which is recited each year during remembrance ceremonies all over the world. The well-known line, ‘We Will Remember Them’ has been carefully highlighted in red ink to match the poppy.
Pristine Proof Finish
Each coin has been expertly plated in 24 carat gold and struck to a pristine proof finish which is enhanced by the intricately coloured red poppy.
Just 4,950 coins have been authorised and they are presented in a wooden presentation case with their accompanying Certificate of Authenticity.
Secure your Poppy Coin today and own a lasting tribute to the fallen. We Will Remember Them.
The 2017 Remembrance Gold-Plated £5 Poppy Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: Jersey
- Year: 2017
- Denomination: Five Pounds
- Metal: Cupro-Nickel with 24ct gold plating and selective colour printing
- Finish: Proof
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS
- Edition Limit: 4,950
- £2.50 from the sale of this product will be paid to The Royal British Legion
- Ltd, which gives its taxable profits to The Royal British Legion (charity no.
- 219279) or Poppyscotland (Scottish charity SC014096). The donation will be
- given to either charity depending on where the product was purchased.
(+ £3.99 p&p)