The brave men and women of the RAF all wore their Squadron badges with pride. And what better way to capture the history and breadth of the world’s oldest independent air force through official stamps in an exclusive presentation enhanced by expertly applied gold foiling.
The Squadrons of the RAF Collector Card Set pays tribute to the hard work and dedication of the service men and women.
Comprising an impressive 36 stamps, set on 6 collector cards, each one commemorates a famous RAF Squadron – detailing when it was formed and the motto of the Squadron, whilst illustrating the Squadron’s aircraft and blazer badges upon the official stamps. Some of the squadrons featured are:
- RAF Squadron No. 87 which was formed in WWI. This squadron had 7 First World War aces, and also saw action in WW2 and the Cold War.
- RAF Squadron No. 210 that was initially formed as a WWI Bomber squadron. One of its pilots was Raymond Collishaw, the RNAS’s highest-scoring ace and later an Air Vice-Marshall.
- RAF Squadron No. 224 which was formed in Italy and was initially equipped with de Havilland DH.4s. It saw service in both World Wars and operated in Gibraltar until disbanding in 1966.
The collector cards each carry six official stamps, officially postmarked on Armed Forces Day or the stamps’ first day of issue. To further complement the stamps, the collector cards have been expertly finished with gold foil.
And each RAF Squadron Collector Card comes perfectly housed in a deluxe presentation page with an accompanying Information Card.
Just 175 RAF Collector Card Sets available…
There are just 175 sets available. That’s 36 stamps on 6 gold foiled collector cards for JUST £30 (+p&p).
The RAF Squadron Collector Card Set is the perfect tribute to the hard work and dedication of the service men and women that have all been proud to wear a RAF Squadron badge. Exclusively available from The Westminster Collection - secure your set today.
The Squadrons of the RAF Collector Card Set
(+ £4.99 p&p)
- Actual size of collector cards: 203 x 136mm
- Stamps: A total of 36 x RAF stamps from Gibraltar
- Postmarking Date: Various
- Finish: Each card is finished with gold foil.
- Squadrons may vary
(+ £4.99 p&p)