Today you have an exceptional, yet limited opportunity to own a collection of classic Twopenny Blue stamps dating from the early days of the British Postal System.
The stamps are distinguished by the addition of the plate number from which they were printed, you have the chance to own a comprehensive set, highly prized by the discerning collector.
First issued in 1840, the Twopenny Blue was Great Britain’s second ever stamp. During its lifetime, several alterations were made to it including in 1858, the addition of plate numbers for the first time.
Although prior to 1858, 6 different printing plates had been used but the number did not appear on the stamp, consequently the first stamp in this collection is numbered 7.
Also included is examples of all the other plate numbers used; 8, 9*, 12, 13, 14 & 15.(*Plates 10 & 11 were never issued)
Your set will include:
• 7 historic stamps featuring plate numbers 7 - 15
• All stamps over 140 years old
• Plus Certificate of Authenticity and Luxury Display Folder
With only a fraction of the stamps originally issued still surviving, we urge you to order these pieces of Victorian history as soon as possible.
1858-69 Twopenny Blue Plate Collection
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- 7 historic stamps featuring plate numbers 7 - 15
- Presented with a certificate and presentation folder
- All stamps over 140 years old
(+ £3.99 p&p)