La Monnaie de Paris, the French national mint, has a worldwide reputation for producing the most beautiful coins in the world.
No photo ever does these coins justice. Nothing quite compares to holding one in your hand.
The coin you can own today features Joan of Arc, one of the most prominent women in French history.
A remarkable coin
Your coin has a very special quality. It is just not like other coins. Of particular interest the craftsmen have used a special type of finish to the background of the coin which gives it the appearance of ornate cloth.
There are other notable aspects to the Joan of Arc Silver Proof Coin:
- The obverse carries a portrait of Joan of Arc wearing a helmet. The background carries a pattern with a number of tiny fleur-de-lis.
- The reverse carries a portrait of Joan of Arc on horseback with her characteristic banner as she might have appeared at the siege of Orleans in 1428. Again this face of the coin has a detailed texture which was extremely difficult to reproduce on a coin due to the delicate nature of the design.
- The coin is minted from 900/1000 coin silver.
- It comes in a Monnaie de Paris presentation case with certificate of authenticity.
- Worldwide limited edition of 5000 but only 100 of our 200 allocation remaining for Westminster customers.
La Monnaie de Paris is the oldest surviving mint on the world, dating back to 864AD, in fact it is the oldest institution in France. Because there is so much history associated with the Monnaie de Paris their coins are always popular.
That is why it has been so hard to get hold of and why we only have 100 remaining for our customers here in the UK.
Secure yours today – add one to your basket.
La Monnaie de Paris 2016 Joan of Arc Silver Proof Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: France
- Year of Issue: 2016
- Denomination: 10 Euro
- Metal: 900/1000 Silver
- Weight: 22.2g
- Diameter: 37mm
- Finish: Proof
- Edition Limit: 5000
(+ £3.99 p&p)